Friday, December 30, 2011

Noshing Notes

When guests want a little something to nosh on, I find that there are lots of fun snacks out there! When I serve something like these spicy pecans, I make sure to put a spoon in the bowl so that no one puts hands into the food--yuck!

These are easy to make and a real crowd-pleaser. They were a hit at Thanksgiving this year.
DEBBIE'S SPICY PECANS
(Am unsure where I got this recipe, and they're named for some other Debbie, not me! I sure like them, though!)

4 cups pecan halves (I bought mine in Wharton, Texas, at Southern Select Nut Company. Yum!)
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 tsp Tobasco sauce
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
1 Tbs garlic salt

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Mix all ingredients and spread on a cookie sheet.
Bake 20-30 minutes, stirring once or twice.
Drain on a brown paper bag. (I put three layers of paper towels in the bottom of my sink and let them cool there.)





The SPICY SALTINES that I posted earlier today (at the end of the "Friends for Lunch" post) are really good for noshing as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment